Sunday, November 06, 2005

warmth

its funny how we take a lot of things for granted. there are somethings that we are just so used to having that we never really appreciated it. take for example, philippine weather. I remember even since i was in high school i would always comment on how hot it is in the philippines. how i wish it would snow. or how i wish it was cooler. now that i am living in the desert, i have seen how hot it is too how cold it can really get! I remember when i first arrived here in beijing, the weather was so hot it really burned the skin. it was hotter compared to the philippines. but now that its winter here, its now too cold. when i go out, i cant feel my nose and my feet from the cold despite the layers of clothes that i have already! ahh i miss the warmth of the philippines! I was made for the summer weather and not for the winter one. I miss the beaches and the sun already. I miss my tan, my bikinis and sarongs. oh well, soon....

speaking of warmth, kinda reminds of how Filipino people are very warm compared to the other races. even if they dont know each other, they would still smile and help you with what you need. they would even go through lenghts just to help out another Filipino in need. it would seem that the warmth the we filipinos have are inculcated already in our culture. there is no need for it to developed rather it comes out naturally. =) I know for sure, beijing without my fellow pinoys would be really sad. braving the harsh winter alone, walking the polluted streets alone. it would never be the same if i didnt have the friendly filipino faces to go home to, or to go through it. I dont think i'd even survive without them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home